Saturday, September 6, 2008

Full of Knowledge

Matt is starting to become a plethora of information. He can now remember songs and asks me to sing with him on occasion. He is starting to recognize a few of his alphabet letters and knows what letter his name starts with. I asked him the other night if he wanted to learn how to read and he adamantly said "yes". So we may start in that direction.

Drew is starting to pick up a few more words and sounds. He says a few words much more plainly than he did. I know that I shouldn't worry about him, but I do. I don't want to have a child that struggles to learn and grow. Words are starting to become a bit of frustration for him and he's choosing to just not talk. He can do sounds now for objects such as trains, fire trucks, cows, sheep and a few other animals. And boy do we know when his favorite cartoon comes on! I hope we continue in this direction and he learns some more before returning to the doctor in November. I'm really concerned that she's going to suggest speech therapy or some other intervention if he isn't doing better in that area.

No comments: