Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

After two weeks of work, Mike finally got all of the roof tore off. I never thought it would happen but it did. Then they started saying rain. He waited and waited on Dustin to come by and he has this inherant problem with saying he'll be places and he never makes it. So at 6:30 on Thursday night we had no covering on our roof and Mike had to go to work on Friday. Guess what didn't get covered. You guessed it- the roof. So Mike asked Dustin to come by on Friday and put up the paper. We were spared on Saturday morning when it rained. The only spots that I saw were in the bathroom but we're redoing that anyway so it doesn't matter.

Fast forward to Sunday. Dave and Mike finally got started on the roof around noon or so and worked straight through until about 7:00 Sunday night. All they got finished was the East end and half of the back. We still had around half to 2/3 uncovered but had tar paper on it. I prayed that would work. Guess what? It didn't- big surprise. I walked into my laundry room last night around 6 or 7 and the water was running down my walls. It was standing in the floor about a half inch and the light was full of water. Dustin came over and the tar paper had blown up. We have major water spots in there and it looks terrible but it's just the laundry room that no one really sees anyway I guess. Then around 8ish I heard dripping again. I look up to see water spots all in my kitchen and water dripping down the cabinets over the cooktop. I freaked out majorly. Dustin came back and tarped it and thought the satellites were causing it to leak. I did climb up in the attic to make sure that it hadn't ruint all of my baby stuff up there. My most prized possession- the boys' cradle made by my great-grandpa was up there and I would have died if it was ruined. It wasn't even wet so I was greatful for that.

Hopefully the rain is done and we can get the rest roofed asap. He talked about doing it today. We are going to owe Dustin so much labor we'll never get it paid back at this point. It really ticks me off in a way that we haven't had any help. But that's another post.....I won't even go there now.

No comments: