Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life is Stressful

Life is just stressful. I am really feeling overwhelmed also. I am not usually like this but I have been letting things get to me lately. I have to stop the constant urge for everyone to like me and to get along. The world just isn't like that. I have to let things go and stop obsessing over the fact that some people will just not ever like me. I don't have to be perfect and I will never be perfect. Again, my perfectionist coming out in me. I could honestly let this problem at work consume me and put me into a depression. I have to let this go, I have to let this go, I have to let this go.

Enough about that. Can you tell I've had a tough two days at work. I'm really nervous and anxious about tomorrow also. I have 12 boys and 4 girls in my class at school. I think we will have a good year but I still worry. Think calming and peaceful thoughts for me!

The boys are adjusting to their routine. It has been tough to go from sleeping in to waking up early the past few days. They have been ready for bedtime for sure. We needed some structure back in our lives. It has been bittersweet though!

Mike is busily preparing for Roy Blunt's visit on Thursday. The trucks get decaled tomorrow and they have a few things to finish for the visit but I think it will all work out. Have I told you what an awesome grant writier my husband is today? I'm so proud of his accomplishments in the past few years. All those hours of work and time spent away from us are paying off.

No comments: