Monday, August 25, 2008

One week down

One week down, many more to go before summer break comes around again. We are getting into a little bit of a routine although it is very hard to do. The boys are sleeping late on the mornings that they don't have to get up. They both wanted to go to bed tonight. Matthew even asked to go to bed, but he's in there playing as I type this. They have played outside all evening- riding bikes and swinging on the swingset. It is really nice here right now because there is no humidity. The bad news is that the humidity is going to creep back in at the end of the week. Yuck!

School is going ok for the most part. This group of kids like to talk-alot. If I give them an inch they take a mile. It's been really nice to not have any interruptions like Title I but that all begins tomorrow. I am enjoying my students for the most part. The behavior problems that I thought I would have aren't that major. Talking is the biggest issue right now. We'll see how things go as the year progresses.

All of the fire trucks and the station are decaled. They look really nice. So "dressed up" now. It's amazing what a difference a little bit of lettering will make.

We've just about decided on siding color and roof color. I am getting very impatient because the work has come to a stand still like I thought it would after I went back to work. We have to get the vanity ordered asap as well as shingles and the siding bought. I don't care if it sits forever, I just want it bought. The windows on the house need measured so we can get those on their way. I really want to get the house up to snuff before winter. I've heard it's going to be a very cold winter so we definitely need to save all we can in heating bills. I don't want to go over that level pay amount that we are paying right now.

No comments: